AC Maintenance Tips
Regardless of the time of the year, at Climate Care Air Conditioning & Heating your comfort is our specialty season after season. Below, we have implemented these maintenance tips to ensure the efficiency of your system. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation with one of our comfort experts, please feel free to contact us at 972-353-5257. For your convenience you may also request services from this site.
Home Maintenance Checklist for the Spring Season:
- Be sure to schedule Climate Care Air Conditioning & Heating to inspect your home's ducts and cooling equipment.
- Clean and replace your AC filters every month.
- Clean chimney and be sure that your fireplace is working properly.
- Clean out rain gutters & storm drains.
- Clean and vacuum air vents.
- Seal air leaks in the attic, basement and crawlspace, and also around windows & doors.
- Check your attic for proper insulation.
- Keep shades or curtains drawn on the sunny side of the house, especially during early and mid-afternoon hours.
Home Maintenance Checklist for the Winter Season:
- Close shutters and drapes during winter nights.
- Set your thermostat at 68 degrees or lower during the day.
- When using your fireplace, turn your thermostat down.
- Keep the damper closed when your fireplace is not being used.
- Dust or vacuum the vents in your home to ensure the free flow of warm air.
- Clean or replace the filter in your furnace at least once every 30 days during peak winter usage.
Extra Steps You Can Take To Save Energy:
- Have a programmable thermostat installed, so you can preset temperatures for a variety times during the day.
- Replace single-pane windows with energy efficient double-pane windows to help reflect the sun's rays and reduce energy loss.
- Have a reflective coating applied to your roof. In addition, when you decide to replace your roof, be sure to use light-colored shingles.
- Consider replacing incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescents to create a cooler feeling and save lighting costs.
- Install awnings outside your home to create shade.
Things You Can Do To Improve Air Quality & Reduce Potential Health Risks:
- When adjusting clocks, change batteries in smoke alarms, as well as radon and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Purchase a ventilation system to increase air circulation inside and also add a healthy dose of fresh air.
- Clean water-damaged carpets and materials, or consider replacing them.
- You can reduce the potential for buildup of allergy-causing pollutants by keeping your house clean.
- Take special precaution when operating fuel-burning appliances to avoid leakage.
- Be sure to store and dispose of household chemicals in a safe manner.
We hope that you incorporate these tips into your home's seasonal efficiency routine. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation with Climate Care Air Conditioning & Heating please feel to call us at 972-353-5257. For your convenience you may also request services from this site.
residential air conditioning, air conditioning replacement, install air conditioning, air conditioning seer, heat pump air conditioning, installing air conditioning, bryant air conditioning, central air conditioning unit, air condition units, central air conditioning prices, central air conditioning problems, air conditioning installers, installing central air conditioning, central air condition, central heating system, heating unit, heating system, home heating system, heater repair, gas furnace, amana furnace, furnace, oil furnace, trane furnace, american standard furnace, furnace installation, furnace repair, ruud furnance, furnance install, furnance maintenance, furnace, central air conditioning units, central air conditioning unit, air conditioning condenser, air conditioning contractor, air conditioning contractors, air conditioning sizing, air condition, air conditioning home, air conditioning services, air conditioning sales, air conditioning service, air conditioning supplies, air conditioning coils, preventative maintenance, maintenance, professional, air conditioner, air conditioners, heat pump, heat pumps. furnace, furnace repair, air cleaner, air cleaners, thermostat, thermostat installation, air handler, air handlers
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a service call please contact us at 972-353-5257 or for your convenience you my request services from this site!
Thank for your interest in Climate Care Air Conditioning & Heating, we look forward to serving you in the near future!